- Published:November 25, 2013 9:47 am
Planning a family vacation can be tricky, particularly with more than one child in tow. It can be costly, as well as challenging, to accommodate the interests of the kids and the grown-ups. But it is possible to plan a fun, exciting, educational trip that everyone in your family can enjoy. You don’t have to travel out of the country, or to a resort or amusement park. The vacation of a lifetime is waiting for your family in New York City.
Sure, New York is famous for its gourmet dining and night life. But many people don’t realize how much fun visitors of all ages can have in The Big Apple. No matter how old your children are, there are lots of attractions and landmarks that they will love to visit.
- Museums – Make learning fun at the many kid-friendly museum exhibits in New York. SoHo’s Children’s Museum of the Arts offers fun craft projects for visitors to do, and the dinosaur fossils at the American Museum of Natural History are a hit with kids of any age.
- Parks and Playgrounds – Children need to play, and New York has plenty of opportunities. From the fabulous playgrounds of Central Park to the indoor facility at the DiMenna Children’s History Museum, they’ll have lots of space to run around.
- Zoos – Animal lovers, young and old, will love visiting the city’s famous zoos. Central Park Zoo features animals in realistic re-creations of their natural habitats. Kids can learn about animals up close at the Tisch Children’s Zoo. The expansive Bronx Zoo houses more than 600 species of animals from all around the world.
- Toys, Toys, Toys – New York’s world-famous toy stores are sure to make everyone in your family smile. Times Square is home to the flagship location of Toys R Us, which boasts a 60-foot Ferris wheel. America’s oldest toy store, the famed FAO Schwartz flagship store greets you as you exit Central Park.
- Eats and Treats – All this sightseeing is sure to wear the kids (and the parents) out. Refuel their energy with a slice of New York pizza from one of the city’s many amazing pizza shops. You can also enjoy some confections you can only get in New York. Treat the family to a scoop or two at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory, or let the kids pick their own candy at Dylan’s Candy Bar.
With so much to do and see, New York is the ideal destination for your family vacation. All it takes is a little planning to create a memorable and enjoyable trip. If you’re worried about navigating the streets of New York, or fighting the traffic, let Star City Limousine take care of you. We have a fleet of beautifully maintained vehicles that can comfortably accommodate your family, no matter what its size. Our professional, courteous drivers will make sure you get around the city with ease.